37. Nicknames … Rae, Rach, Rachie, Junior, Half Pint, Squints, Gecko, Raquel
66. My future career… Something that makes me happy. Right now, I’m a surgeon’s assistant which basically means I’m the surgeon’s right hand during surgery. I’m going back to school but my dream career since I can remember is art…
93. How would you label yourself… I’m that girl who gets everyone laughing. I am the person who goes on the dance floor when no one else does. I’m quiet until I’m around you for a few minutes. Passionate. Emotional. Stubborn. I’m that friend that all the girlfriends hate and the guys love. I’m a guy’s girl.
1. Last kiss? Unless you count my momma…it was my ex nearly two months ago.
3. Last text message? My second bestie, Mychelle. We were planning to do drinks and First Friday together at some point when her life calms down.
12. This year have you had sex? Yup. Sure have. And I have had some revelations regarding sex too.
28. Well there is no 28 so I’ll answer 29 …name one thing you cannot wait for: I cannot wait until August. I have an entire week off which means a girl’s getaway with both of my besties. I also cannot wait until TFIOS comes out!!
85 Have you ever fallen for a friend? I think ‘fallen’ is a broad term, dear Anon. I asked my best guy friend at the time to prom because I thought we were more. I fall in love more and more each day with my best friends. But to say that I have fallen fallen, I haven’t. I don’t trust the situations enough.
98. Out of everything in the world, what do you wish for? Well, the movie buff in me wants to say world peace. But I think that at the end of the day, I wish that I could have seen more, done more with the day. I wish I could have my Granny forever. That AIDS and cancer didn’t exist and that kids on the playground were nicer to each other.
99. Are you afraid of falling in love? I think so. I’ve been hurt too many times to just freely give my heart away. I have walls and despite all the good intentions, I don’t know as if I trust myself to let someone in like that again just yet. You think you’re in love and then you look around, wishing you were another girl, in another relationship…you realize that you aren’t in love. I think one day I will fall in love and get married and have the entire fairytale ending but it’ll take one hell of a man to make me fall….because he’ll have to catch me when I do.
100. Do you like the way you look? I most definitely do not have a thigh gap. But for the most part, yes I do. There are things I wish I could change but I am strong and can hold my own…that to me is more important than any external beauty.
There are two people you’ll meet in your life. One will run a finger down the index of who you are and jump straight to the parts of you that peak their interest. The other will take his or her time reading through every one of your chapters and maybe fold corners of you that inspired them most. You will meet these two people; it is a given. It is the third that you’ll never see coming. That one person who not only finishes your sentences, but keeps the book.
I got a guys number tonight. super proud of myself.
Everyone you come across has a lesson for you. The people that you meet are stepping stones in your life; some lessons are better than others and there are those that come back to you…others you have for glimpses of time. No matter what, learn something from each person. Be the sailor of your own fate and don’t let anyone stop you from living life to its fullest. Be happy right where you are at this moment
I am neither pretty nor beautiful. I am not that girl all the men watch as she walks past. I will never win a beauty contest or be on the cover of a magazine.
But I am intelligent. I am fierce and stubborn. I have curves and muscles. I can hold my own in most, if not all, situations.
To me, I would much rather be my own hero and independent than some superficial ideal of a woman.